Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog Interview: Tricia Gosingtian of Tricia Will Go Places

triciagosingtian2

1) How did you get into blogging and why?

I've been rather active on the Internet for years now, but mostly as a photographer who would post work on deviantART. Occasionally, I'd blog there, but there was a time in my life when I realized I wanted to separate sharing my life from sharing my work.

Tricia Will Go Places started while I was contributing street snaps for Inquirer 2bu back in college. Some people I shot weren’t able to check the paper out so I decided to upload them on cyberspace. That went on for a short while before I started posting my own outfit posts as well, and the rest is history.

2) What's your strategy with your blog in general?

I'm proud that I produce most, if not all, of the photography in my blog. Since I'm a photographer, more than a blogger, I get rather obsessive-compulsive with photography quality. I also never blog about products or brands that I do not personally believe in.

3) Name some of the bloggers you look up to and why?

Rumi Neely, for the eye candy that is Fashion Toast. Tsubasa Masuwaka (her blog is on ameblo.jp) because I'm such a fan of her modeling and beauty products. Locally, I love Love Chic by Seph Cham and Shai Lagarde because they're incredibly unique and it's rare to see a good couple fashion blog.

4) Can you tell us about some of the people you've met while working on your blog?

Just visit my blog ;) (shameless plugging)

5) If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

Choose the right platform, pick the right blog layout, keep in mind the quality of your content, and be consistent with your brand or identity as a blogger.

6) Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months and 5 years down the road?

6 months from now I'll probably still be blogging about more or less the same things. 5 years from now I don't know if I'd still be blogging by then but I hope so! I'll always make time for photography so it'd be a little impossible for me to quit what I started.

7) One word that best describes your blog?

Self-centered.

8) A message to The Purple Centipede?

Thank you so much for contacting me! Keep up the good work. ;)


triciagosingtian


Photo Credits: http://triciawillgoplaces.tumblr.com