Monday, May 2, 2011

Blog Interview: Allie Principe of The Four-Eyed Wonder

allieprincipe

1) What made you start a blog?

When I started my blog back in April 2010 on Wordpress, it was more out of boredom than anything else. But I've been writing in journals and creating various blog sites in high school, and I thought it was a good time to revive the idea! I like how you can attach photos, videos and music to blog entries, something you can barely do in a handwritten journal.

2) When you first started blogging, what kind of readers were you expecting? Do you think that everyone should consider this?

I wasn't really expecting any particular type of readers, because I was just trying to recapitulate my everyday events and musings in a blog. But after a while, I decided to gear more towards blogging about fashion, art, design and photography, so I guess I'm hoping to cater to readers who are interested in that.

3) What is your style when it comes to writing?

Honestly, I don't know if I have one! But I guess my writing style can be described as "sometimes light / sometimes serious / most of the time self-depreciating". Hahaha!

4) Was it easy telling people how you feel through your page?

It wasn't that difficult really. I've never been one to keep my feelings tucked away, and one of the main reasons that I started this blog was to be an outlet, of ideas and of feelings. But I tend to keep the very serious (especially negative) feelings away from my blog, and reserve that for my journal.

5) Any advice you would like to give the people who are thinking of starting a blog?

Go for it! It's a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the rest of the Web world. But blog for the right reasons. Never do it just to gain fame or attention.

6) Where can you see yourself in 10 years?

Having just graduated, this is a pretty tough question. But most definitely, I see myself working for the arts. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. And hopefully, I'm still blogging! :)

7) One word that best describes your blog?

Quirky


allieprincipe2



Photo Credits: http://alliekabok.blogspot.com