Friday, April 23, 2010

SMALL WONDERS


So it's still my first day on this and I think I just had to write this one. Lol.

Earlier today as I was watching the television, I came across Disney Channel. Shocker! I know right! Anyway, as I was on that channel, Meet the Robinsons was on! Yipee! That's like my favorite movie. I mean since 2007 of course because it was released then. Plus, I never get tired of watching that one even though I have seen that for like a hundred times. (Okay, I may be exaggerating.)

I get emotional almost every time I watch that movie. I mean, who doesn't get all emotional after watching a very inspirational movie. Hello? C'mon! IT IS A GOOD MOVIE. No, scratch that. IT'S A GREAT MOVIE! I mean, we all have our dreams right? And sometimes we are not sure of what we really want. I think that we all have been on that phase. I must admit, it is not wrong to be afraid of what's going to happen in the future. That's pretty normal given the fact that we cannot turn back time. That's like history!

Anyway, going back to the movie. Lewis is a kid right? A very good kid. I mean, despite of what has happened to him, he still pursued the thing that he wanted the most. He has no family but that didn't hinder him to reach for his goal. And I believe that all of us should try to be like him. There is no harm in trying. It is okay to fail at first, but that should not stop us. In the movie, when Lewis failed, the family from the future told him that it is okay to fail because in failing you learn to succeed. So why not fail, fail, and fail some more? (I'm kidding, but actually it's sorta true.) I mean, you know, we learn from our mistakes right?

There are a few good quotes from the movie. But two of them struck me the most. The first one's, "Keep Moving Forward" and I think I'll be naming my blog after in a few days. Because right now I'm still confused on what I want to do in the future. But I guess all I have to do is to keep on moving forward to know what happens. And of course, before the movie ended, there was quote from Walt Disney -- "Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
Photo Credit: Google Images