Thursday, October 28, 2010

Till My Heartaches End - Review

Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson have yet again joined forces for their much-awaited movie of the year. I was actually enthralled when I saw the trailer of this movie just a couple of days ago, not knowing that it was their parting movie. Yes, it is their last movie together so I opted to catch this movie on the day of the premier nationwide.

Directed by Jose Javier Reyes, Till My Heartaches End has a more mature vibe in it. Something really new for the Chiu-Anderson tandem. The movie would have been a perfect 10 if they made the movie less dragging and more exciting. 

The story started with the cousin of Agnes (Kim Chiu) telling their Aunt about what really happened. Agnes had nothing good to do in the movie but cry a lot and be desperate. Agnes met Paowie (Gerald Anderson) at a coffee shop one rainy night but that was not their last. They met again at a photocopy center where Paowie thought it was destiny that brought them together again. Yes, you heard me right. There is a lot of destiny involved in the movie. 

Chiu proved the viewers that she can be a cry baby. Like seriously, can you give her a role without crying involved? On the other hand, Anderson didn't stand out that much in the movie. Or maybe the role was just not for him? I'm definitely not a Kimerald fan but the movie saddened me 'cause I was expecting a huge ending. Maybe the movie and their tandem's supposed to end that way. Paano Na Kaya (their last movie) was much better than this! Sorry but it's a 4/10 :(

In the meanwhile, you can watch the full trailer of the movie here: