Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blog Interview: Saab Magalona

Whenever someone mentions Saab Magalona, the first word that comes to my mind is blogging. I've been a fan of her for a long time now -- she's actually one of my inspirations for this blog. I love how she writes; it can be in a really serious tone or be really bakla. I had the chance to meet her at a Meiday in Naga and had a little chat with her. I wasn't wrong, she's really nice and down to earth or maybe it's a thing with celebrities. Of course I'm kidding. Anyway, I really look up to her; I feel that we have a lot of things in common. If you haven't seen her blog yet, check Spell Saab out! I swear, you'll love everything about it!!

227247_10150232656357442_22370852441_8510388_8173627_n

1) How did you get into blogging and why?

Just started blogging in 2003 because I didn't like the people from my school. I had nobody to talk to so I talked to the internet. How emo. But back in 2003 emo was considered cool. HAHA.

2) What's your strategy with your blog in general?

I have no strategy, really. I know I have to regularly update to keep my readers interested but I have a hard time doing so because of my schedule but I don't worry.. My readers are loyal, I don't have to panic about losing them!

3) What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topics?

I know I'm far from being the perfect role model but I do know that I have an influence over the younger generation and I try to stay responsible with the stuff I write about. Like for example - yes, I smoke cigarettes but I don't flaunt it because I don't want these younger kids thinking it's cool and they start copying me. It's not about being plastic, it's about being careful of what you put out there.

4) Can you tell us about some of the people you've met while working on your blog?

Through Tumblr I met a couple of awesome people! I met Regina Belmonte thru Tumblr (waaaay before Tumblr got famous actually) - we were both from Ateneo but we were never introduced. Some people were bullying me online and she just left a really long comment and defended me even without knowing me personally. I felt so grateful at the time, I knew she was going to be a good friend since then.

5) If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

Keep it original ;)

6) Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months and 5 years down the road?

My blog's doing pretty well, I just want to keep it as is :)

7) How would you like to be remembered as a blogger? What is the legacy you'll leave behind?

I think I'm always going to be "Ate Saab" to most (haha). It used to bother me before but hey if I can share whatever wisdom I have then I will :)

8) A message to The Purple Centipede?

Thank you so much, Nadine, you're also one of the reasons why I keep on blogging ;) I love my readers!