Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Review


Divisive, awesome, ridiculous, romantic, these are a few of the many things that comes into my mind with the Twilight movies. We all know it came from the great Stephenie Meyer. If you don't know her, you better die now. I have no problem with the movie, it's just that I hate it when they lack some parts from the book. We all have problems with that especially when you're waiting for that particular scene. I was expecting more because I have read the book and it was the only book I've read from the four although I can't wait to read the last one. I know, it's too late but I want to savor it before I catch the next movie that's coming our way.

Directed by David Slade, the third movie that we were all waiting for came out really nice. I must say, it was so far the best Twilight movie I had seen. Who can refuse Jacob Black's yummy abs? The girls (or maybe even guys) were gaga about them. I just couldn't help it! It was driving me nuts! I don't know, but I hate Bella Swan in this movie. Why can't she just pick one?! She's making it hard for Edward Cullen and Jacob. Well, that's how the story goes!

Saw the movie just a while ago and I tell you, it was hard getting in line! I thought this movie would pick up from where the last left off, with Bella answering Edward's proposal but it did not. It was a whole lot different scene even from the book. Same old, same old. Threats to Bella were still there but this time, (thank God!) Edward's going to stick around which is great because I like him. I like to look at him and listen to him speak. And, I love the way that Edward and Bella show their love in the film. What I love most in this installment in the Twilight Saga is that we learn the origins of Victoria and Jasper although it just showed a little in the movie. I am in love with Jasper Hale in this movie -- I got so attached to him!

There are old threats and new threats and alliances made and broken. I think that the centerpiece of Eclipse is the intensifying triangle of Edward and Bella and Jacob. Whichever team you're on, as long as you're really into the movie, I think you'll enjoy more of the Twilight Saga. I give The Twilight Saga: Eclipse a 9 out of 10. Cheers!

Photo Credit: Google Images